R&D-QA Internship at VMware (posted on-29/09/10)
How to apply:Please Click here to apply.
If you have queries post them in forumStipend: Unpaid Internship: Job ID : 15701-I Division : R&D Job Location : Bangalore City : Bangalore State : Karnataka Country : India Job Status : Intern Job Category : R&D-QA-India About Us:
- Virtualization is the technology that is poised to change the way we think about computing.
- VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter.
- Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity,strengthen security and go green. With 2008 revenues of $1.9 billion, more than 130,000 customers and more than 22,000 partners,VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies.
- VMware’s award-winning technology, market-leading position and culture of excellence provide the more than 6,600 passionate people we employ in 40 locations worldwide with a platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early-stage innovator.
- Test planning, test execution, and debugging for VMware ESX Servers (VMKernel)
- Apply innovative testing to further improve test quality and coverage
- Utilize automation skills to increase test coverage and efficiency
- Communicate technical dependencies and concerns/issues of implementations
- Defect, test, and status reporting
- Willing to crash the product attitude
- BTech or MTech in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering or MCA/MSc
- Linux/Unix working knowledge is required
- Basis understanding of Storage technology or Network Testing or File System
- Should be able to setup testbeds and be able to troubleshoot and debug any system engineering issues
- Knowledge of OS internals
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Hands on experience of Unix File System Internals or Storage or Network Testing would be plus
- Hands on experience on Perl/Shell scripting
- Experience in kernel-level and/or Unix/Linux device driver code development
- Unix and/or Linux / Windows system administration experience would be desirable
- Experience with VMware tools is desirable
- Experience with debugging and writing the python code